As a family historian and genealogist, my interests naturally evolved to cemeteries and their care. I am a Find A Grave volunteer, and also owner of Northern Arizona Gravesite Caregivers (providing floral deliveries and gravesite maintenance for a modest fee). I am also a Period Costumer sewing clothing from all eras from Renaissance and Medieval, Revolutionary War, Civil War, Pioneer to various decades of the 20th century.
SAPPHIRE DAWN STUDIO is my ceramic and pottery studio, located in the beautiful mountains of Northern Arizona.
“In the white moonlight, where the willow waves,He halfway gallops among the graves---A tiny ghost in the gloom and gleam,Content to dwell where the dead men dream,” that is the Graveyard Rabbit.
The Dedication of Graveyard Rabbits
We are "dedicated to the academic promotion of the historical importance of cemeteries, grave markers, and the family history to be learned from a study of burial customs, burying grounds, and tombstones; and the social promotion of the study of cemeteries, the preservation of cemeteries, and the transcription of genealogical/ historical information written in cemeteries" (from the site of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits.)
1. Copyright: This blog and its contents are copyrighted 2007 by Cheryle Hoover Davis. It's mine, all mine.
2. Content: I am responsible for the content of this blog which reflects my personal views and opinions, not those of anyone else or any of my current or past employers. Think of this as a personal journal or diary upon which you have stumbled. You may see things you like and things you don’t. Either way it is my right to state them.
3. Credit: Besides giving credit to my Creator, my mother, my partner and all those who’ve influenced me, I strive to give proper credit to any sources of content or information in this blog. If you feel you or another source lacks credit, please let me know. No one likes a plagiarist.
4. Accuracy and Validity: Believe it or not, I make mistakes from time to time but I strive to make facts and information as accurate as possible. In addition, this blog is a work in progress. This means that what may seem valid today (content, sources, links) changes over time and may not be valid two days, two weeks or two eons from today.
5. Photographs: Any photograph which is not otherwise attributed to another source, is owned and has been scanned by me. If you wish to use the photograph, please ask permission. And ask nicely.
6. Comments: I am not responsible for any comments made by others who visit this blog. I will exercise my right to moderate and edit comments which I deem to be offensive, childish or just plain dumb as a box of hair.
7. Liability: As a reader, you will not hold me liable for libel (say that three times fast) for what I say or display. The content of this blog is the opinion of me, not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. And don't get all PC on me - I don't take myself seriously and you run the risk of me not taking you seriously. In addition, there is no intention to do harm by my posting content in this blog. What I write on this blog is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. If people use my advice, tips, techniques, and recommendations, and are injured, I am not to be held responsible. Remember what your mother said - "If Johnny told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it?"